MAINTAINING Your FURNACE or BOILER
Now is the perfect time to inspect your furnace or boiler to be sure it is ready for the cold months ahead. Young or old your heating system needs regular maintenance. Many homeowners don't have a clue about how to care for their home's heating system. The following maintenance steps can be provided by the trained team at Ohio Heating & Air Conditioning.
- Check the condition of your vent connection pipe and chimney. Parts of the venting system may have deteriorated over time. Chimney problems can be expensive to repair, and may help justify installing new heating equipment that won’t use the existing chimney.
- Check the physical integrity of the heat exchanger. Leaky boiler heat exchangers leak water and are easy to spot. Furnace heat exchangers mix combustion gases with house air when they leak, an important safety reason to have them inspected.
- Adjust the controls on the boiler or furnace to provide optimum water and air temperature settings for both efficiency and comfort.
- If you’re considering replacing or retrofitting your existing heating system, have the technician perform a combustion-efficiency test.
Forced Air Systems:
- Check the combustion chamber for cracks
- Test for carbon monoxide (CO) and remedy if found
- Adjust blower control and supply-air temperature
- Clean and oil the blower
- Remove dirt, soot, or corrosion from the furnace or boiler
- Check fuel input and flame characteristics, and adjust if necessary
- Seal connections between the furnace and main ducts.
Hot Water Systems:
- Test pressure-relief valve
- Test high-limit control
- Inspect pressure tank, which should be filled with air, to verify that it’s not filled with water
- Clean the heat exchanger.
- Drain some water from the boiler to remove sediments and improve the heat exchange efficiency
- Test low-water cutoff safety control and high-limit safety control
- Drain the float chamber to remove sediments, which will prevent the low-water cutoff control from sediment clogs
- Analyze boiler water and add chemicals as needed to control deposits and corrosion
- Clean the heat exchanger
Performing a furnace inspection or boiler inspection annually is essential to insure your equipment is running at its peak performance level. At Ohio Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer a comprehensive furnace inspection to help you keep your family safe and warm this winter.
Furnace maintenance is not our only service. From repair to replacement, we have a heating solution for your home that won't break your budget.
We offer a full line of traditional gas furnaces, oil furnaces, variable speed furnaces, boilers, and heat pumps. Buying a new heating system for your home can be confusing. Selecting just the right options and features can be difficult. Our highly trained team at Ohio Heating & Air Conditioning can help you make the right decision.
Our sales, service and installation teams are specially-trained in the design and installation of heating systems. They can help you determine the right system for your home and your budget. We have the North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification. Our NATE certified technicians must undergo extensive training and pass vigorous industry exams in all facets of HVAC in order to attain this industry-recognized certification.
When an Ohio Heating & Air Conditioning technician steps into your home, you know you are getting a technician who has demonstrated exceptional levels of knowledge in HVAC.
We repair and service all makes & models • Easy Financing Available • Low Monthly Payments